Re: [2002-03-10] Release Status Update

> 	filterproxy

Patch is provided by submitter, a Debian Maintainer himself i think.
Just a bad sequence in which files are copied and chown'ed in the
postinst. I'd use a different fix though.
I'd move the failing chown directly after the creation of the new config
file if it did not exist - that way the file doesn't get chown'ed on
each upgrade, possibly annoying the admin ;)

*** /var/lib/dpkg/info/filterproxy.postinst	Thu Jan 17 17:02:22 2002
--- /home/erich/debian/filterproxy-0.30/debian/filterproxy/DEBIAN/postinst	Sun Mar 10 20:44:22 2002
***************
*** 31,37 ****

  if [ -d /usr/share/filterproxy ]; then
      chown -R filterproxy:filterproxy /usr/share/filterproxy
-     chown filterproxy:filterproxy /etc/filterproxy.conf
      chmod 0750 /usr/share/filterproxy
  fi

--- 31,36 ----
***************
*** 39,47 ****
  chown filterproxy:filterproxy /var/log/filterproxy
  chmod 750 /var/log/filterproxy

! # Copy initial config in none exists
  if [ ! -f /etc/filterproxy.conf ]; then
  	gzip -cd /usr/share/doc/filterproxy/examples/FilterProxy.conf.gz > /etc/filterproxy.conf
  fi

  # dh_installdeb will replace this with shell code automatically
--- 38,47 ----
  chown filterproxy:filterproxy /var/log/filterproxy
  chmod 750 /var/log/filterproxy

! # Copy initial config if none exists and chown it.
  if [ ! -f /etc/filterproxy.conf ]; then
  	gzip -cd /usr/share/doc/filterproxy/examples/FilterProxy.conf.gz > /etc/filterproxy.conf
+ 	chown filterproxy:filterproxy /etc/filterproxy.conf
  fi

  # dh_installdeb will replace this with shell code automatically
-------

So if no one objects, i'll NMU filterproxy for fixing #135575.
I happen to like that app and use it everyday. ;)
Actually i'm going to put my update into DELAYED right now.

Upgrades of filterproxy are bad due to the perl config file format, and
the config file being automatically overwritten by the web configurator,
but that's another issue and certainly not relevant for woody...

Greetings,
Erich