Re: where to upload?

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:03, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 09:11:07AM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> > That's my point. I'm not yet a maintainer. I've done the other 2 things
> > though. Someone pointed out I need to add a "closes" line in my
> > changelog so I'll do that and go through this process again.
>
> There is absolutely no need to do an upload in order to close bugs.
> Mailing to nnnn-done@bugs.debian.org will close the bug just as
> effectively without needing to upload.
>
> /me wishes more people would realise this.

IMHO If you haven't already filed enough bug reports to have witnessed every
possible method of closing them, then you probably aren't ready to start
uploading...

Filing bug reports is a good way to learn how things work without the risk of
anything more serious than annoying a developer by reporting something as a
bug when it's not.