Re: SELinux package

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:07, rmayr@debian.org wrote:
> If this has already been discussed, please excuse this mail. I am not at my

Several times, along with a number of announcements of progress.

> development machine since about 2 months and am writing this from a
> web-to-mail gateway, so please be patient with me.... :-)

The list is archived on the web, google should turn up some information.

> Is anybody working on packaging NSA SELinux at the moment ? There should be

I am.

> no problem with licensing (all of their code is either under GPL or BSD)
> and it should not be too difficult to create SELinux versions of
> util-linux, .... and a kernel-patch-selinux package.

The kernel patch package has been in unstable for quite some time.  I haven't
bothered to check on its progress into woody, but it's likely to be there by
now.  NB it's an LSM patch as LSM now includes the SE Linux patch.

Creating SE Linux versions of these packages is very painful, which is why I
haven't finished it yet.

> I am be willing to do it (I need to start experimenting with it), but I
> would be a lot happier if anybody else is already doing it because my other
> packages also demand quite a lot of attention right now.

See http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/ as previously announced both here and on
recently.

But I suggest that you don't even try it at the moment unless you have some
significant amounts of time to work on it.  At the moment I can practically
guarantee that installing it will break something...