Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 10:54:18PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> >  - Drop packages with RC bugs after a month; don't wait for a freeze.  If
> >    it's a base package or anything that simply can't be dropped, revert to
> >    the previous version without RC bugs after a week.
>
> We don't currently have sufficient information to be able to revert
> changes to base packages always

As this problem seems to be specific to base packages, why not sacrifice
a bit of disk space (the diff files at least) for older base packages
revisions after Woody's release? That would not be too expensive, IMHO.

Of course that won't be a magic wand, but it might come in handy from
time to time.

Michael