Re: It's Huntin' Season

>>"Manoj" == Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:

 Manoj> 	If you look at the script I posted, the user is not asked any
 Manoj>  questions if the file on the system is the same file that is
 Manoj>  currently being shipped. In the general case, I think this is good
 Manoj>  enough; if one cares, one can special case the md5sum of the last
 Manoj>  non-conffile one shipped and check that, but I hate special cases.

	AAArrrgh. I hate following up to myself. I am going to go away
 from my machine and do something else. Like see LOTR again.

	On further inspection, one does not need special case code in
 the script: you just need to ship the old md5sum file in your package
 (no harm in making the md5sum file a part of your package).  In that
 case, the conffile handling is done right.

	manoj
--
 Nezvannyi gost'--khuzhe tatarina. [An uninvited guest is worse than
 the Mongol invasion] Russian proverb