Re: Two suggestions for woody release

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 06:22:11PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:48:08PM -0800, "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@becket.net> was heard to say:

>   Could it be added to base-config, I wonder?  Not everyone has it
> installed, but that seems like it would be the least inappropriate
> place.

I'm not sure how appropriate a place this is for the upgrade logic, but
it's at least an option.  Currently, base-config doesn't provide a
.config script, so it seems contrary to the package's design to use it
for file-twiddling related to upgrades.

>   By the way, you *do* know that changing this will suddenly cause
> all Debian users to download about twice as much data when they run
> "apt-get update"?

Yep.  There are pros and cons, of course; but that's one of the reasons
for discussing the matter here, to try to build consensus around a
solution that we can all be happy with.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer