Re: adopting adrian's 2.4.x packages (was: Retiring from Debian)

also sprach Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> [2002.01.29.1719 +0100]:
> I certainly don't object, but I think the effort may be somewhat
> misplaced.  What *needs* to happen now is not unofficial propping up of
> an decrepit Debian release, but the completion of a brand new one that
> is up to date and useful.

okay, that's a valid point, and adrian doesn't want to hand them off
to me anyway, he'll keep them.

so i have entered the NM process and am short of being one of the
team. and even though i have about 8 packages to upload, i'd think
that i could use my efforts differently towards the woody freeze.
should i just browse the bts and patch whereever i can? what are RC
bugs? how do i select the higher priority packages, those that are
more important to woody's release?

"i did not know. but i sensed it as truth."
                                                          -chaim potok