Re: balsa build help

Domenico Andreoli <cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it> writes:

> [ from config.log ]

[snip]
> /usr/lib/libpspell.so: undefined reference to `__iomanip_setw(ios &, int)'
> /usr/lib/libpspell.so: undefined reference to `fstreambase::fstreambase(int, char const *, int, int)'
[and the like]
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 8735 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
> /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
>     builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
> char ldap_search();
>
> int main() {
> ldap_search()
> ; return 0; }
>
> [ EOF ]
>

> as you see, this seems to be a problem of libpspell... i already
> suspected of it, but i waited to see some other failure. sorry...

Indeed. Looking at the pspell headers it seems libpspell is a mixed
C/C++ library. That is bad practice anyway, but especially since
it isn't linked against libstc++.

I would suggest reporting a bug against libpspell, demanding a split
in, say libpspell and libpspell++, or similiar.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Georg-Rendlweg 28        | A-5111 Bürmoos | Austria       | Europe