Re: Preparing a Proposal: 3 DD needed for every NEW package

Le Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 01:44:38PM +0200, Juha Jäykkä écrivait:
>   This could be nice... I might even volunteer for setting up
> something like that - given the authority, of course: orphaning other
> people's packages must be done responsibly...

It's funny how people keep reinventing the wheel. :-)

Martin Michlmayr (tbm) already does something like that although it's not
really automated. When you think that someone is MIA (because you
find a package has not been touched in ages or thing like that) you
try to contact him but you CC mia-<loginofthedeveloper>@qa.debian.org
and it gets logged on pandora.debian.org (of course you have to
forward any response to that same adress) and Martin regularly checks
if they responded. Sometimes, he decides to orphan their packages
if they haven't responded. He may tell more (or correct me) if he wish.

Still, yes we'd need to send summary mails regularly but not only
to the main maintainer but although to the other people who are
interested in the package (cf subscription mechanism explained somewhere
else in this thread). Such a mail would include bug stats, lintian
stats, policy conformance (standards version) although it's partly taken
care by lintian, and any other information that could be needed
to let people make their opinion about the quality of the package.

Anyway, that's something to do as part of the Debian QA effort.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com