Re: [kmail] yes, it's stuffed (bug 123337)

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 02:27:16PM -0500, Chris Danis wrote:

>   Ed> So far three of the people reporting this have been on K6 type
>   Ed> processors.  Are others on K6 boxes seeing this problem too.  What
>   Ed> about K7 or P2, P3 and P4?
>
>   Ed> The problem seems to happen with kmail, knode, korn, kppp, kdict and
>   Ed> maybe kdessh.  Packages from Dec 9 and later are borked.
>
> I have been the one compiling the i386 packages for kdenetwork and
> kdessh. I am running a P3 here, so they at least work on my machine. I
> also noticed that most of the people reporting the problem have been using
> K6-type CPUs, and would be extremely interested in the CPU type of the
> rest reporting this bug.

I'm working on this; of course, any information that can help would be
*excellent*. Can those who have experienced difficulties please try my
.deb's from http://piro.kabuki.sfarc.net/daniel/kdenetwork-2.2.2, and
see if they work? Please, please, *please* try and restrict your
downloads to after 11pm AEDT (UTC+11), as otherwise my parents will
crack it and turn off the router due to the bandwidth usage (ISDN), and
I won't be able to get at it for some time, nor my mail.

Thanks to everyone that's submitted bugs, and a special, huge, thanks to
Ed Tomlinson, who has provided an obscene amount of debugging
information to help me track this down, and responded snappily to my
every query. This CC list contains everyone that's mailed me about this
particular bug, plus one who mailed me about an undefined symbol that
may very well be related.

FWIW, these packages were built on a P2 350; if that doesn't work, I'll
get the trusty old P166 to build and see how that goes.

:) d

deb line:
deb http://piro.kabuki.sfarc.net/daniel/kdenetwork-2.2.2 ./

--