Re: What will one find in newly released Debian Woody 3.0 ???

#include <hallo.h>
Grzegorz Prokopski wrote on Thu Nov 22, 2001 um 01:36:45PM:

> - new number: 3.0 ;-)
> - new/old but improved installator (the new one didn't catch up :-( )
>    - ReiserFS and ext3 support (but no LVM unfortunatelly)

 - Full Kernel 2.4.x support
 - Kernel 2.2.20 and 2.4.14 included

>    - internationalization (? what languages ?)

>From "config" file in current boot-floppies CVS:

# langs we want to include on an internationalized root disk; 'en' is req'd
# I use http://counter.li.org/reports/short.php?orderby=users#table
# for popularity data; sk eliminated as it's too stale
export langs_root       := en pt de pl fr es ja sv it hu

>    - localized packages descriptions (how many languages ? packages ?)

IIRC not fully available. But many debconf (configuration) questions have
been translated, see stats on
http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation/
BTW, debconf has now a Gnome frontend, and most packages moved to
Debconf queries instead of dumb text prompts.

>    - new frontends (anyone have a list ?)

Don't forget Stormix Package Manager...

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Defaults sind dazu da von DAUs ignoriert zu werden und damit die
Support-Stellen (aka #debian.de) zu verwirren.