Re: unreproducable, but grave bug

On 10/25/2001 03:46:12 AM tb wrote:

>> If a bug is real, the report should stay open whether or not the bug
>> is reproducable.  Mere unreproducability is not enough to close a bug
>> report--though it might well be a perfectly good reason to not fix the
>> bug, because it's just too hard to figure out.

How do you tell the difference between a non-real bug and an
non-reproducible bug?  I suspect all non-real bugs are non-reproducible
(please, no math jokes), and "most" non-reproducible bugs are non-real.

Never closing a non-reproducible bug would cause a great accumulation of
bugs, changing the BTS from a package problem tracker, to a individual
machine's hardware problem tracker, reducing it's usefulness for it's
intended purpose.