Re: Unstable X can't find font "fixed" dies immediately.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 02:20:11PM +0200, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 06:31:37PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 10:56:17PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > > Subject says it all really.  Just upgraded to latest X in sid.
> > > All packages present, including xfs but fonts cant be found
> > > so X dies immediately. Any advice welcome!
> >
> > I'm getting some reports of this, but it's not affecting everyone.
> >
> > I think perhaps one of the other font package maintainers screwed
> > something up.
> >
> > Please mail this list with the output of:
> >
> > COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l | grep -i font
>
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'

You may have crap in the alias files, especially if you didn't *purge*
the biznet font packages.

cat /etc/X11/fonts/misc/*.alias

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Don't use nuclear weapons to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     troubleshoot faults.