Re: woody is getting worse...

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 12:09:55AM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> And a few lines lines, it says:
>
> "The severity levels are: ...
>
> grave
>         makes the package in question unuseable or mostly so..."
>
> which is true of the package in its initially installed state.  Should
> it matter how easy it is to fix the bug?

According to the bug severities, yes.  As I said before, see "minor" and
"wishlist".

When I think "unusable", I thing of things like:
1) failure of an executable to resolve symbols at load time;
2) a bug inside a binary that causes it to segfault under most
   circumstances;
3) driver bugs in the XFree86 server that lock up your box or make the
   screen unreadable;

I don't think of shell scripts that the packaging system allows the user
the freedom to edit.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     engineering.  "Supernatural" is a