Re: ddtp: new notifications mails, opt-in or opt-out?

On 06/10/01, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jochen Voss wrote:
> > Did we?  And who is that "we"?

> Browse the archives and count the number of people who were in favour
> of opt-in or no messages at all and compare that with the other people
> people who were in favour of opt-in.

So you want to say that only the opionion of the people is counted that
participated in that lengthy discussion? So the opinion of every
maintainer who ignored that lengthy discussion doesn't count and is
ignored? So, you want to have in the future discussions on this list
with 1000 mails and more, where all developers participate to have a
real consensus?

I'm impressed to see that now a consensus for all developers is made by
the minority of developers discussing about features or solutions in a
lengthy discussion on debian-devel instead of having a vote, announced
on -devel-announce. May I suggest that the next vote for the DPL will
then also be dropped and instead we discuss this on debian-devel, since
according to your mails the consensur for this could also be made by a
lengthy discussion on this mail instead of relying on old
vote-mechanismen for getting a consensus?

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)