Re: PROPOSED: slight change to wnpp procedures

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 25-Sep-01, 22:59 (CDT), Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
>
> > and filing, what, a dozen new bugs against ftp.debian.org every week is
> > something other than harassment [0]?
>
> How is it harrasment? It's a todo list. And won't the bug be closed
> automatically when the package is installed? So it's hardly any extra
> effort for the ftp maintainers, and it provides a public and consistent
> place to track the status of packages with problems.

It increases the size of the bug list on ftp.debian.org.  This increases the
time it take the ftpmasters to scan the bug list, for real problems.

Reassigning the bug to ftp.debian.org, away from wnpp, means it does not show
up on the wnpp bug page.  Someone perusing that list may assume the package
needs to be ITPd, and so will start doing work.

NEW packages are processed when ftpmasters have time.  This has always been
how it has been done.  I see no reason to change this behaviour.