Re: System spec.'s

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Jason Thomas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 04:30:40PM -0700, Ralph Jennings wrote:
> > A video card makes things easier, though you could also do it over a serial
> > dumb terminal (but you do need *something* to enable interaction with the
> > install scripts).  Your ATI card, and normal AT or PS/2 keyboard will most
> > likely work (unless they're broken).
>
> PC hardware won't even POST without a videocard!

I've got a 486 running 24/7 here, without a videocard. You're telling me
its BIOS is running a firewall? ;-)

Sure, windows won't boot. But most BIOSes allow you to select there's no
need to stop booting when the POST reports a failure. I get lots of beeps
when it boots, but it works perfectly well.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
  -- from the movie "Antitrust"