Re: [RFC] kernel-headers and /lib/modules/*/build -> ?

MoiN

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 04:52:57PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  4) the kernel header postinst is enhanced to look for the link
>     /lib/modules/$VERSION/build, and, if the dir exists but the
>     symbolic link does not exist, create the symlink, pointing to the
>     unpacked kernel headers package.

This will only work if you configure the kernel-headers after the
kernel-image was unpacked. If for whatever reason the kernel-headers
are installed first you would not get the symlink. With current
tools it is unlikely to happen but I won't count on that.

    Ingo
--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE