Re: [Exim] MAIL FROM:<>

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Also, see http://www.rfc-ignorant.org ... and if you are a large enough
> site, blackhole the idiot domain.  When their admin comes crying to you,
> you can wave the relevant RFC in his face.

The 'dsn.rfc-ignorant.org listing policy' says :
<quote>
"The syntax shown in RFC-821 for the MAIL FROM: command omits the case
of an empty path: "MAIL FROM: <>" (see RFC-821 Page 15). An empty reverse
path MUST be supported."
</quote>

If I understand this right, the admin who is trying to protect his
network fron unnamed spammers is made the villain.

Why should anybody accept any mail without excisting from address.
Immediately upon recieving a message, any sane MTA should check that the
sender is valid, if not then dump the message.

--
lauri.tischler@iki.fi * Man created god as His image *
                      *  Man has horrid imagination  *