Re: ITP: mplayer - DivX/DVD/MPeg Player for Linux

Quoting Craig Sanders (cas@taz.net.au):

> > I was a bit too impulsive with ITP'ing mplayer I think ...
> an installer package that snarfed the source (current release or cvs)
> and built a package would be useful, and probably wouldn't pose any
> legal problems. mplayer-src or mplayer-cvs-src

Yeah, friends of me had that idea too.  Maybe that is a good way to do
it while I work out the license crap around mplayer :)

> an installer package for the win32 codecs is legally questionable,
> though.

You could always make some debconf thingy that says 'By saying yes to
this installer thingy you abide by all laws and are a criminal or
something weird like that :)

I'll see what I can come up with on short term, but for now I closed my
ITP on mplayer as a package itself.

Regards,
Sander.