Re: sponsor rules

    Susan> From the package names and Descriptions, I found a package
    Susan> today that was something of particular interest to me; in
    Susan> fact, I'd been thinking about packaging it myself, but was
    Susan> delighted to see that it had already been packaged.  Let's
    Susan> call this package 'foo'.  When I tried to download and
    Susan> install 'foo', I quickly discovered that its dependencies
    Susan> were not satisfied by other packages in the archive, so of
    Susan> course it couldn't be installed (i.e., using Debian
    Susan> packaging tools, without using --force).

On a related note, what should you do if you find an interesting
packag in unstable, and:

- that package is not installable due to a bad dependency, (eg. a bad
library dependency).

- there are already 10+ merged bug reports open.

- the bug reports are up to 57 days old.

- all the bug reports are marked as important. (shouldn't they be
grave?)

????

I know 2 packages (unless recently fixed) that meet this criteria
(although the one I am not so interested in has one and only one grave
bug).

I can't help but think if the maintainer can't fix a bug like this in
57 days (I assume that both packages just require rebuilding based on
new versions), then maybe he/she really needs to ask for assistance...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>