Re: lame (vorbis) packaging.

MoiN

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 12:10:44AM +0530, Viral wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyone working on trying to package lame ?
> It can do vorbis now, so I believe that it can be packaged without the mp3
> stuff.

I just checked the vorbis support but it still is broken. lame
won't compile with the vorbis beta 4 libraries installed. iirc
the code in lame is targetted at vorbis beta 2, so currently it's
pretty useless.

lame is only an mp3 encoder and not a generic encoding frontend.
The vorbis support is currently not maintained any more. Why
don't you use oggenc from the vorbis-tools package to produce ogg
vorbis files?

    Ingo
--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE