Re: Unofficial Mozilla 0.9 packages ...

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 05:46:28PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Danny!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > Mine doesn't start, just prints
> >
> > laptopdth% mozilla
> > Registering plugin 0 for: "*","All types",".*"
>
> Don't forget to remove your old .mozilla dir.

Indeed.  Just upgraded mozilla here and we see:

Setting up mozilla (0.9-0.0.2) ...
================
   WARNING
================

Mozilla is Alpha software.  Consequently, large changes in
configuration format data are necessary.  You appear to be
upgrading from an older version of Mozilla.  The preference
file in each user's home directory is now incompatible with
Mozilla M18, and should be removed.

The safest way to do this is to completely delete the
~/.mozilla directory before starting Mozilla M18 for
the first time.  If you do not delete this file, Mozilla
will segfault.

Okay, so I deleted the directory.  Mozilla runs fine.

However, I immediately wonder: why doesn't mozilla version its config
file (or some file in ~/.mozilla) so that it can detect an old
configuration and emit a more appropriate diagnostic than a coredump.

?

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,