Re: how can Euro symbol be displayed under X [4.0.3]?

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> I guess that the o with four little tick marks must be some sort of
> currency symbol in some country...

Iirc, it's not a currency symbol anywhere... it's just sort of a
generic symbol.  Yes, so says Bringhurst... it's a generic symbol to
provide a placeholder in a font where a real currency symbol can be
placed.

> However, xemacs-mule doesn't seem to support anything greater then
> ISO-8859-9, so it looks like I am out of luck here.

This is a good place for the Ob"Emacs 21 will support it"....

Sign in restroom: Hortas - Please don't eat the urinals!