Re: PostgreSQL in testing

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 06:09:10PM +0100 , Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
>   >Nah, it's the other way around: one of the php3 binaries in testing
>   >doesn't work with the postgresql in unstable, and the php3 in unstable
>   >doesn't work with the postgresql in testing; ditto some other php3 binary
>   >and apache, and a few other similar things. It gets quite complicated :)
>
> Is the automatic system capable of handling that (when the versions in
> unstable work together)? or will it need manual intervention?

it's the dependencies. Remember, I pested you about libpgsql2 vs.
libpgsql2.1 - that's the cause. unstable has no libpgsql2 and testing has no
libpgsql2.1, that's why must php3 (and php4) go together with postgresql.
Now it's even better, because postgresql moved to non-US. I'll probably need
to stop building postgresql module from the whole package and make it a
separate non-US package.

aj: feel free to remove php3 from testing if it will make things easier. I'd
like to get php4 there ass php3 is not maintained upstream anymore.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso