startx gone, how do I keep up, what did I miss?

startx is gone from all of our workstations in today's weekly
**unstable** update.  No startx.dpkg-old, just gone.

That and the change in @INC in new perl packages are non-trivial
and, frankly, painful. :-/

Outside of obvious flamewars I do read most everything on debian
devel but I missed those.  Is it me?  Am I looking in the wrong
place?

What if the maintainers upgrading such packages posted anything
major and new from their CHANGES file to the lists?  Would that
make sense?

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039