Re: PERL MAINTAINERS SUCK - COMPLETE MORONS

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 11:54:23AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > It's long past time that the BTS had a real database backend.  Since the
> > code is being actively worked on, I assume there are reasons why this isn't
> > feasible yet.  Do you know what they are?  Is there any way I can help?
>
> I have code that imports the bts data into a database.  I stopped working on
> it, not because it was hard, not because it was slow, but because I was
> slapped in the face by other developers.

Well, if someone would like to configure the MTA that runs bugs.debian.org to
send CC's of all bug mail to another address, I will try to find someplace to
host and develop a database-driven BTS.  It could be maintained in parallel
with the existing system, and its use would be optional.

--
 - mdz