Request for NMU

Hi all,

Currently there's a serious bug filed against libsndfile -- it's a build
problem on PPC (and also other archs, I suspect) involving automake. So
far, I've been able to narrow down the problem to the build script calling
automake at the wrong time during the build process. It builds fine if
automake is not installed, but when automake is installed, it is called in
the middle of the build and generates a Makefile with some variables not
yet expanded, and leads to a build failure.

However, I've very limited time right now, and I'll be happy if somebody
could fix this problem in an NMU (or help me out with fixing the problem).
I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to fix -- probably just some careless
bug in the build scripts. I'd like to get this package into the freeze if
possible.

Thanks

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- P. Erdos