Re: Grub

Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no> writes:

> What would that be when you talk about the Hurd in another language?
> It would sound a bit strange to say something like 'Jeg skal
> installere the Hurd'. (I'm going to install the Hurd, in Norwegian).

My preference is to use the normal native direct article.  Marcus has
suggested reasons why in German that doesn't work as well.  (In part,
the English pun partly depends on the fact that "the" in English works
for both singular and plural, and for all nouns, not just some one
gender.)  Ultimately, this is left up to individual translation teams
to make the final call on.

In languages which have no direct article, none should be used.

Thomas