TUN/TAP Interface

Hello all,

This is not a Debian question per-say, but it seems there is almost no
TUN/TAP documentation out there. And the Ethertap interface has been labled
as obsoleet in the 2.4 series.

So here is the question, once you attach a TUN interface to a user-space
program, I assume it would be possible to open a TCP listen socket on that
interface. (Seeing how TUN is supposed to pass the recied packet through the
whole networking stack). But is it possible however for the program attached
to the TUN interface to detect that this listen-socket has been open? Any
way counts really, even if I can setup a call-back from some other part of
the kernel.

Thank you,

Eugene