Re: X is now broken, unbreak?

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 01:31:41AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:02:02PM -0600, J. R. Westmoreland wrote:
> > I just finished upgrading to the latest unstable, possibly the first
> > mistake,
>
> <http://people.debian.org/~branden/>

OK, I understand not resending bug reports that have already been
filed, but...

This is a bug in a file in a debian package, why is this bug not
fixed?  It's a very simple fix, to a very serious bug...  I didn't
file a bug report since one was already there, but I seriously did
consider filing one anyway to fix the incorrect seriousness of the
report in the debian bug tracker database.  This is a serious bug,
that kills pretty much everyones X setup, and makes GNOME, KDE2,
etc., etc. die with a message that makes it look like a program
that does exist, doesn't (kinda looks like file system corruption
to the untrained eye).

Why is this bug not fixed yet?

  -Ralph