Re: woody is getting worse...

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:25:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:55:01AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > And what should my punishment be, O God of Earth and Altar?
>
> That you should get it right next time.

If this exact same problem happens again, I will.  Otherwise you'll have
to just trust in my damnable judgement again, or *gasp* participate in
the testing of unstable XFree86 packages.

> > Perhaps you missed the bits where:
> > 3) said "Since it's my package, I take full responsibility for the
> > fuckup."
>
> I hadn't seen you say that, no.

> All I'd seen you say was that it was
> everyone else's fault for not changing the severity of the bugs out
> from under you,

..except I didn't say that

> or for being so stupid as to think removing quotes from
> a random file in /etc was difficult and annoying,

...or that

> or insinuating that people shouldn't be criticising if *they're* not
> maintaining X.

...or that.

Yes, I did say things that could be distorted into the statements you've
made above.  But let's be clear on who is saying what.

> So if you're taking responsibility, what is your "response" going
> to be?

My response is the same it has been since the problem was brought to my
attention; to fix it in 4.1.0-8.

> What's going to avoid this happening again, either in X, or
> elsewhere? Or why shouldn't it be avoided in future?

Or maybe problems like this can't be avoided...not entirely, anyway.

> To throw an idea out for discussion, what about automatically upgrading
> a bug to "serious" if it's minor/normal/important and has been reported
> over, say, six times? [0]

Oh, cool, so next time someone is angry with me for not prioritizing a
bug as highly as he wants me to, he just files 5 duplicates.

Great idea.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you make people think they're
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    thinking, they'll love you; but if