Re: woody is getting worse...

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 12:18:54AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> How hard it is for users to fix, or for you to fix isn't the question,
> remotely.

Of course it is:

minor
	a problem which doesn't affect the package's usefulness, and is
	presumably trivial to fix.
wishlist
	for any feature request, and also for any bugs that are very
	difficult to fix due to major design considerations.

The difficulty involved in fixing a bug does indeed impact the severity
of a bug, though of course it's not the sole criterion.

> > If there are people using woody who can't handle firing up a text editor
> > to remove a pair of quotes from a 2-line file, they need to go back to
> > playing Pong.
>
> That one'd be your basic "ad hominem".

Again, incorrect.  I'm not attempting to refute the speaker's argument
by attacking his character, skills, or knowledge, since he presumably
DOES have the skill to edit a text file (and implied that he has done
so in this case).

Those who "can't handle firing up a text editor to remove a pair of
quotes from a 2-line file", if they exist, are apparently not
participating in this discussion, therefore they are not present to
offer arguments.

> The point of "testing" and "unstable" isn't to separate the men from
> the boys

Sigh.  Another dream shattered.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"