Two sets of binary packages from one source package?

Situation is that the gnome versions of the xemacs packages have
troubles.  Broken in irritating ways.  But (I believe) because they
are associated with the other xemacs packages and they have grave bugs
none of the packages move over into testing.

So my first inclination is just to stop producing the gnome versions,
but several users have requested that I not do so.

So I could have two source packages (byte for byte identical) and
produce the gnome packages frome one.  But I was thinking that was a
waste of space.

So can i have two sets of bin packages (xemacs-non-gnome and misc
packages vs gnome bin packages) coming from the same source package?

Thanks
Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!