Re: Libtool problem with alsa cvs and debian unstable

Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:

> Running libtoolize --force will almost certainly fix the problem
> (barring some libtool bugs that I believe have been bandied about
> lately involving autoconf 2.50).

Actually all of the libtool problems of late are related to
attempted use of libtool 1.4b with autoconf 2.13.  These versions
aren't compatible.  The libtool maintainer's trying to come up
with a compatibility package, but it's not obvious how to do it.
--
"Unix... is not so much a product
 as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history