Re: FWD: Debian Swirl ascii-art (coloured using termcap)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 03:40:21PM +0200, Arthur Korn wrote:
> Arthur Korn schrieb:
> > But you've got a correct termcap and $TERM, so this will work
>
> Well, if I'd attached it you could even try it yourself ...

The use of setterm is Linux specific and unportable.  POSIX defines tput for
this purpose, please use that instead.  Even with that, the exact behaviour
is unspecified, but at least it will work on more systems than just Linux.
(Like, you might have guessed that already, the Hurd :)

Example:

    local FOREG=`tput setaf 6 2> /dev/null`

... is a dark cyan color on our systems.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de