Re: RFC: Thoughts on building modules

    Herbert> BTW, this is how the kernel images are organised on
    Herbert> alpha/i386/sparc.

This is misleading.  The kernel-image-*-arch packages are much simpler
because they do not depend both on a kernel source package and on a
module deb package.  Also, note that this maximizes work for the
module maintainer, which is a valid thing to do, although I'd like to
note that we seem to get a much better balance for other porting
issues.  Finally, it means that I cannot release a module for a new
arch without package-installation access to that arch.  It's my
understanding that source-only uploads only work if there is an
existing binary package that depends on the source package being
installed, which is not the case for new package source uploads.