Re: ITP: task-printing

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 09:55:18PM +0300, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> Depends: lprng, gs | gs-aladdin, gsfonts, psfontmgr, magicfilter |
> apsfilter, libpaperg, a2ps, enscript, djtools, jpeg2ps, mpage, npadmin,
> printop, psptools, psutils, smbclient, ncpfs, rlpr, bzip2, gzip, groff,
> recode, transfig, xpdf, pnmtopng, netpbm, libjpeg-progs, libtiff-tools

I think than you should better make two conflicting task packages:
1.) task-printing-lprng
2.) task-printing-cups

Since CUPS is becoming more and more common in these days, and is
much superior to the other alternatives, I think it would be unwise
to only include a task package that ignores CUPS. On the other hand
lprng works out of the box, while CUPS needs some more configuration.
Therefore, it should be mentioned in the package descriptions that
lprng could be the better choice for newbies.

Just MHO,
Guenter

--
Linux: Who needs GATES in a world without fences?