Re: NM frustrations...

Le Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 11:49:33AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava écrivait:
> 	Firstly, I think the flippant remarks about the sensitivity of
>  DAM's and such unprofessional conduct as delaying processing based on
>  queries on -devel are grossly exaggerated, and a are likely to be a
>  result of frustration at the non-internet-time that volunteers
>  respond on.

I think that those are exaggeration too but nevertheless James Troup does
hold off some new maintainer without telling anyone why. I know at least one
example. The guy hasn't done anything wrong on debian-devel, he has taken over
a package of mine and he has done a great job with it. I'm sponsoring him.
But he's waiting DAM approval since december (or more) and some other new
maintainer who have gone to the DAM approval after him do already have
their account. The guy tried to contact his AM asking for a reason. His
AM said "i've done everything as usual" and he mailed James to get an
answer. No reply. Recently I mailed James to indicate him that the guy is
able to be a Debian developer since I've seen what he was able to do with
my package. No reply.

So I'd like to have some statement from James. I understand that he has to
say its word wrt the new maintainer, but he should do his work in an open
manner, the new maintainer and the AM has the right to know why the guy
is hold off.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com