Re: manpage for applet functions

On Thu 22 Feb 2001, Christian Marillat wrote:

> MB> Manual pages document more than how to start a program - they should
> MB> also give some indication as to the intended function of the program.
> MB> They also give a more polished feel to the distribution: running man
> MB> on a program and not getting any documentation back does not create a
> MB> good impression.
>
> MB> Even if the man page were to say "this program should be started using
> MB> the GNOME menu" when talking about how to start the program it could
> MB> still be useful.
>
> OK, I'll add a manpage for each applet who sayd "this program should be
> started using the GNOME menu"

... addition to the other information that is applicable, e.g.
"the intended function of the program" etc. as mentioned in the part you
quoted. If you meant to say that the entire manpage would consist of the
text " this program should be started using the GNOME menu" then you're
being stupid.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.net      http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/