nubus-ppc installer problems

Gentlemen,

I've just subscribed to this list.  (Do we have a more appropriate list
for this topic?)

The monolithic kernel has been successfully ported to Nubus-based
PowerMacs.  I got Potato to install with the 2.4.0-test8 kernel but
something happened between that and 2.4.0-test12-pre8.  The installer
seems to think programs fail when, in fact, they succeed.

I'd like to try rebuilding the installer and perhaps the glibc that goes
with it.  Could someone give tell me how I'd go about building the
installer?

Regards,

- Greg