Re: heartbeat package is really out of date

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 05:27:53PM +0100, Paolo Molaro wrote:
> On 02/09/01 Michael Moerz wrote:
> > I wonder what is going on with the heartbeat package.
> > It has got several outstanding bugs in the BTS and
> > upstream is already at version 0.4.8k.
> > The version 0.4.6 was current 1 3/4 years ago.
> >
> > Actually if Paolo has not got the time (as it seems)
> > I would like to lend a helping hand, cause I am
> > pretty familiar with heartbeat. I could do some
> > patches when Paolo will upload them. If even this
> > is not possible for Paolo I would like to step
> > forward and maintain that package.
>
> I do not have the setup anymore to properly test heartbeat and
> I don't work anymore with HA stuff (changed job).
> At least four people asked me to take over heartbeat in november,
> but I see no one of them had the time to update it either.
> If you want to be the fifth, so be it:-)
> I now see that you wrote me in december, and I'm sorry I didn't reply
> earlier, your mail is still in my huge backlog.
> I'll send you the email of the other folks in private so that
> you can coordinate with them.

nice to hear that there are other people out there that are
also interested in a new package. Since I am not a DD and I
can only be sponsored it might take some time to get a new
package into unstable, but believe me that I will do it.
(since others have applied for that and done nothing I can
only say that I will prove this by doing)

besides I am in the NM queue awaiting DAM approval & account
creation - who knows how long that will take.

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz