Re: x-window-manager instead of x-session-manager?

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 03:19:42PM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
>   is causing me troubles - I don't want to start session manager but
> window manager instead. the problem is that if I want to have kde
> installed I have to have kde2 (kde session manager) installed because
> it's part of kdebase. and the code above simply pick x-session-manager
> if any is available over x-window-manager.

How about adding the following to the alternatives system:

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-session-manager \
	x-session-manager /usr/bin/x-window-manager 0 \
	--slave /usr/share/man/man1/x-session-manager.1.gz \
	x-session-manager.1.gz /usr/man/man1/x-window-manager.1.gz

Then you could easily override any session manager by specifying
"update-alternatives --config x-session-manager" and selection
x-window-manager.

    Ingo
--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE