Re: Modify a package

My general way to do this is to edit the changelog, and set the debian version to customX

i.e.

My custom package of qt based on 2.2.3-1 is set to 2.2.3-custom1

This way, you can easily do a dpkg -l | grep custom and see what custom packs you have, and
apt will never overwrite them unless a newer upstream version is released.

Aubin