Re: Debian SMP Problems?

I've been running Debian on x86 SMP for quite a while now ... currently a
dual celeron BP6 system, previously a dual PPro system.

Besides, Debian doesn't know or care if the system is uni or multi processor,
that is solely a kernel issue ... remember Debian is simply a distribution,
not a kernel, Linux is the kernel.

I would be checking out your BIOS settings and make sure a process isn't
running amok in the background. Also, the default kernel that the
installation process might not be SMP aware, so you might only be using 1 of
your processors.

Sean

--
In case of atomic attack, all work rules will be temporarily suspended.