ITP: samhain -- a data integrity / intrusion detection system

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

URI: http://lah-samhna.de/samhain/
License: GPL

There's an excellent summary/plenty of docs on the website, so just enough to
appease you..

open source file integrity and IDS

for each file it records:
	o a checksum
	o type of file, and it's inode
	o timestamps, size, number of hardlinks
	o owner, group, permissions
	o if it is a link, what it links to/from

you can configure if you want all/some of the above.
on a per-file/per-dir basis also.

supports central logging, built-in SMTP, so no reliance on an external MTA.
centralized monitoring of multiple hosts, authentication, signing and
encryption of communications between clients and central host(s).
HTML summary page, etc.

lots of other stuff.. for the sake of brevity..

note:
I'm not too naive. I'm a new maintainer,  don't want/trust
me packaging an IDS that people will rely on, etc? Completely reasonable
concerns. I will not be offended, If you do comment, please direct
explicitly to me, I'm not on -devel.

tks
 - brian.
--