Adopting cthugha

Dear Debian developers!

Enjoying debian since the hamm release i want to write two words first:
Thank you.

Enlisted to debian-devel (the main reason why i didn't yet apply to
become a debian developer ;-) since '99, i was recently able to read
that the package cthugha is about to be kicked off the archive.

I would not like to see this happen, as it is not only a very delighting
but also quite interesting piece of software, that is referenced by
quite a few homepages of my most admired hackers around the world.

As you may notice from my bad english, (better, when i'm not trying to
use as few words as possible, like right now :), my natural language
is german. I'm in hw/sw business since 1982, preferring 6502 and m68k
over i386 and the lingos asm, C, C++ in that order.

Up to date, i have contacted the upstream developer of cthugha (who
claims to be out of time for future development, which means, that
possibly i may also take over that part) and started to try to reach the
many other contributors to further discuss the licensing issues.

A new upstream release has been (source-)packaged by me last night,
still fighting dpkg-shlibdeps (which doesn't understand ldd's output)
to get the mesa parts going. I still have to find an ftp-able server to
be able to provide the package for download until monday evening.

I'm not sure what measures to take next. I've surely read the wnpp
pages and related stuff, but as i understand, i'm not allowed to simply
upload. Further, i lived under the impression, that maintainers upload
the source pkgs only and builds were than done by autobuilders, which
seems not to be the case?

I am (besides others) subscribed to debian-devel & debian-mentors, so
any postings there will reach me. You may be assured, that _any_ help
and advice of yours will always be heartily appreciated.

martin