Re: Question on current pool setup.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 02:40:10AM +0900 , Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hello, devel.
>
> I had trouble with platex and jbibtex* etc, packages (which are jp-local),
> and while investigating the cause, I have discovered that unstable
> shows up tetex-lib 1.0.7+20000807-5.

yes :((

> I thought that tetex-lib is obsoleted now and tetex has gone up
> to version 1.0.7+20000807-7.

yes

> Is it the new pool system not deleting the reference to
> obsoleted file ?

yup. it's stillnot fully automatic, so when you stop to build a binary
package you havre to bug ftp.d.o

> Or is it a custom to file a bug against ftp.debian.org to delete
> a file that has been obsoleted ?

yes. worked for me

> Has it been always like this?

IIRC yes. old files were left, though mostly binary-all only
				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<Tv> We are debian.org, resistance is futile, you will be apt-get upgraded.