Re: ITP: oms -- Open Media System DVD Player

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:03:26PM +0100, Martin Waitz wrote:

> OMS and all librarys are licensed under the GPL.
> For software dvd playback, it needs libcss, which can't be included legally,
> but oms itself doesn't depend on libcss, so it shouldn't be a problem for debian.

libcss can certiainly go in non-US.  It's only the US where we pass
laws that restrict the ability to actually use the products you
purchase.  The css decryption routines are only illegal here (and
currently, only for a few people).

	sam th
	sam@uchicago.edu
	http://www.abisource.com/~sam/