Re: dpkg-statoverride vs. suidmanager

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 03:34:25PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Petr Cech wrote:
> > /me trusts in the magic of debhelper :))
>
> Then again I'm fully awake now and realized you couldn't do that
> since you have to put the file differently in the .deb depending
> on if you use statoverides or suidmanager.

me too, i'm fully awake and only now i undestand what you say (and what
i said before to me) with this sentence.

do you mean that if a setuid binary as to be managed with suidmanager
it must go in .deb without the setuid (becouse that little window upon
deflating the .deb in which it is setuid even if it shouldn't)? if it
would be managed by dpkg-statoverride it can be whatever mod you want?

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
  --[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50